Speaker Guidelines | Speaker Honoraria & Reimbursements | Speaker FAQ
- For these locals - Edmonton Public, Edmonton Catholic and Ft. McMurray teachers, the standard honoraria for GETCA 2022 are as follows:
- $200 per 55 - 60 minute session
- $400 per half-day session
- $600 per full day session
- All other speakers may submit an all-in inclusive fee.
- The ATA requires that the GETCA provide the Edmonton Public School Board, the Edmonton Catholic School District, Fort McMurray Catholic School Board and the Fort McMurray Public School Board with the names of any EPSB, ECSD, FMCSD, and FMPSD teachers who are speaking at convention and receiving an honorarium.
- Good and Services Tax (GST) charged by a Speaker who is being paid to present at GETCA will be honoured only if the Speaker has provided a business registration number to the GETCA. GST will be paid on the full amount of the honorarium.
- Should a contract be offered, the Speaker must provide either (a) a social insurance number or (b) an invoice from a company. This information will be used as required by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to report income. If you have any questions please contact the GETCA Treasurer at email@example.com. Invoices charging GST must include a GST business registration number.
- Where multiple Speakers are co-presenting, only the first speaker will be paid the all inclusive fee. The first speaker or entity will receive payment for all presenters but the total honourarium will be reported to the CRA as being income received by that individual or entity.
- Cheques are provided after the convention to thouse speakers who have provided their SIN to our treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be mailed out. Please ensure that your mailing address is up to date.