This is the Disclaimer of Liability for the Greater Edmonton Teachers’ Convention Association to be held in the Shaw Convention Centre – Exhibits Halls A & B & C on March 1 and 2, 2018. This undersigned exhibitor accepts full responsibility for all property, which the exhibitor displayed or authorizes to display during the course of the allocated portion of the convention premises. All liability for loss or damage, whatsoever kind, and howsoever arising in such respect of such property shall be the sole risk of the exhibitor, notwithstanding that such loss or damage may have arisen through the inadvertent or negligent acts of any person, including any and all the members of the Greater Edmonton Teachers’ Convention Board. The exhibitor shall protect and save harmless the Greater Edmonton Teachers’ Convention Board from and against any claim for any loss connected with or related to the presence and use of property of the undersigned. The furnishings of any service or assistance shall not be construed to be any assumption of the obligation or duty with Respect to the protection of the property of the exhibitor, which shall at all times remain in the sole possession and Custody of each exhibitor, and shall be the sole responsibility of each exhibitor.
CONTRACT FOR EXHIBITOR SERVICES
- The following terms and conditions form part of, and are to be read in conjunction with, the terms contained in the Application Form.
- For the purpose of these provisions:
- “Exhibitor” means the party named as the exhibitor in the Application Form requesting exhibit space(s).
- “Association” means the Greater Edmonton Teacher’s Convention Association of the Alberta Teacher’s Association.
- “Event” means Greater Edmonton Teacher’s Convention Association in Edmonton, Alberta on March 1 and 2, 2018.
- The application form, and all fees owing, must be returned to the Association no later than December 31, 2017.
- Any Application Form that is returned to the Association which is not accompanied by a signed copy of the above mentioned terms and conditions and a cheque for the full amount owing for the exhibit space(s) requested by the Exhibitor in the Application Form will be considered void.
- Any cancellation by the Exhibitor must be done by notice in writing and received by the Association no later than 90 days prior to the first day of the Event. Booths cancelled after December 31, 2017 will not be refunded.
- If the Exhibitor cancels its appearance, but does not do so in accordance with the procedure set out above, the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) will not be refundable.
- Other than those items listed in the Application Form, the Association will not be responsible for the provision or cost of any materials, supplies or services used or required by the Exhibitor in connection with the exhibit space(s). Freight, Courier and/or Storage costs accrued through Goodkey Show Services, ShowTech or Shaw Convention Centre before or during the convention is the sole responsibility of the Exhibitor. Any outstanding invoices are to be paid to the appropriate party before conventions end.
- Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, the Association will not be responsible for any special, incidental or consequential damages in any circumstances, including circumstances arising from the Association’s cancellation of the event or the exhibit space(s) for any reason or at any time whatsoever.
- The Association reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason up to 60 days prior to the first day of the Event, in which case the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) may be refunded to the Exhibitor by no later than 60 days after the Event.
- The Association reserves the right to cancel the Exhibitor’s exhibit(s) at any time before or during the Event, if, in the opinion of the Association, the Exhibit is not an accurate reflection of the description of the exhibit(s) that the Exhibitor provided in the Application Form, in which case the monies that the Exhibitor paid to the Association for the exhibit space(s) will not be refundable.
- If the Association cancels the Event or the Exhibitor’s exhibit(s), the Association may, in its discretion, compensate the Exhibitor for all or part of the costs that the Exhibitor incurred in the preparation for the Event or otherwise. Such compensation by the Association shall not be construed to be a waiver of the Association’s rights under clause 3 of this disclaimer or otherwise stop them from relying on those rights.
- By signing below, the Exhibitor acknowledges that it has read these terms and conditions in full and understands that they form part of the application and agreement for the provision of exhibit space at the Event.
The Alberta Teacher’s Association requires the information contained on this form in the order to conduct the Professional and business affairs if its membership and will collect, use and disclose the personal information about you accordingly. For inquiries, objections or concerns about how the Personal Information Act applies to your personal information, please refer to our policy on the Alberta Teacher’s Association website.